Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Memory theater

First off, it took me a while to figure out what I wanted to memorize. I played around with 50 good books, but I figured that if I did not know the plot line, it was going to be difficult to make an association in my house. So I continued to brain storm and came up with doing the top 50 places to see before you die. This was cool because I had actually been to some of them and two, I lived in, so those were easy. 
The way that I constructed my memory theater, was to assemble it without being in the place in which I would place the objects. I chose my house. So while sitting in my Mysteries if the Sky class, I went through the list and placed the locations around my house. Even though I had never been to some of these places, it was easy to picture them and either make the connection with a familiar sounding word, or a similar looking object. Some just could not be associated, and I had to remember them by the oddity itself. i.e. putting Mt Cook National Park in my closet...
I am confident however, that this system is a damn good one. I have yet to use it in another class and I have not yet astounded anyone with some good trip ideas, but I am sure that this memory system will be useful again.

No comments:

Post a Comment